Bring lubricant in a small bottle. WARNING: ETHICALLY UNSOUND in popular areas
- If you get a nut stuck or an overcammed friend, a few drops of lubricant can really help slide out the stuck gear
- definitely don’t do this at any crag that gets frequent access, ass the lubricant will make the rock slippery for at least a day.
Double cam pulley system for marginal movement of rock
- loosen mountain cracks or boulders with 2 pieces of (correctly sized) gear set opposed, and a Z-pulley system to double the pull power
- this can expand the rock by close to 1mm, sometimes just enough to loosen the piece of stuck gear
Never give up! (How much do you make an hour?)
- Calculate how much you make per hour, and then judge how much time you’re willing to waste to retrieve stuck gear.
- ie: I make 15 dollars an hour, I spent 34 dollars for this 5-nut set, so I should spend up to ~20 minutes trying to save my nut
- if I pass 20 minutes, I can feel at peace with giving up on my nut